Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Here's a polyvore set for all of my friends here on my blog.
Here are some quotes I picked up at Quote garden about friends:
A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels
Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown
A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. ~Leo Buscaglia
Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb
The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend. ~Aristotle
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer
A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. ~Arnold H. Glasgow
The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927
A good friend is cheaper than therapy. ~Author Unknown
If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. ~Edgar Watson Howe
The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. ~Henry David Thoreau
A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. ~Arnold Glasow
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ~Elisabeth Foley
It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~William Blake
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. ~Donna Roberts
True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. ~Dave Tyson Gentry
You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter
Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown
Constant use will not wear ragged the fabric of friendship. ~Dorothy Parker
There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. ~Author Unknown
The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
So she played with the goats. Later on she asked me if she could, pretty please, take just one billy goat home with us. Umm, .... NO!
I just had to get this shot, nearly cried while taking it, thinking of my oldest sister... Not that she looks or smells like this fellow, but because she works with his relatives. I miss you, Dani!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
- I do not like sand (on the beach its ok, but not on my floors)
- I do not like baby powder, cornstarch, mandioka-flour or old-book-dust on my hands, face or anywhere else on my body.
- I do not like touching chalk.
- I do not like dry, dusty things.
Now that you know this from me, you can tell I am not a happy person today. The strong, warm north wind, that is typical for the winter in Paraguay, has struck again, leaving me with a headache and a dusty house.
All day yesterday, and all through the night and up till now (9:15 am) the wind blows. I would like to put up sprinklers all over the yard and on the dirt road that leads through our village.
But,... as I do not want to whine on my blog, I will try to cheer myself and others up with a picture my brother-in-law took and that i edited in Photoshop:
Maybe i should go outside (with goggles on) and help the girls get that old kite up in the air....
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Booth #2 are paintings and cross stitch pictures from various ladies.
Booth #4 is occupied by two ladies that sew doll dresses and pillowcases.
Here is a close up from one of the pictures.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Thanks to the wonderful GypsyFox at http://pickinglilies.blogspot.com/, I've recieved my very first blog-nomination. It's not as glamorous as the Oscars, but running a close second:)
Now I hope I do this right. First I would like to thank GypsyFox for the
nomination and also for following my blog so regularly. She also made my button on the right side of my blog. She makes beautiful buttons and sets on polyvore! Thanks, girlfriend!
Now, the seven interesting facts about me:
1. I was born with 1 tooth in my mouth, which my Mom pulled soon. (But she told my older sister, she had knocked it out;)
2. I have three sisters, one living close by and the oldest and youngest living in Canada.
3. I was born in Canada, came to Paraguay when I was 10 years old, I speak english, german, low german, spanish and I understand portuguese.
4. I hate cleaning my house (at least washing floors) but I love a clean house!
5. I don't write poetry, but love to read it;
I don't play any instrument, but I love hearing my daughters play the guitar and keyboard;
I don't paint any pictures, but I love looking at paintings;
I am creative only, when I have a good idea what I want to make. (Does that make any sense?:)
6. I am a mennonite first of all by faith, then by birth.
7. I love my husband and my three daughters like crazy!
Here are the rules for the blogs I nominate:
• Thank the person who nominated you for the award
• Copy the logo and place it on your blog
• Link to the person who nominated you for this award
• List seven things about yourself that people might find interesting
• Nominate and post links to the seven Kreativ Bloggers you nominate
• Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
The 7 blogs I nominate for this award are the following:
1. Ann Again ... and again (http://annagain66.blogspot.com/) The official starter of VGNO (virtual girls night out).
2. Gwyneth of Polyvore (http://gwynsgarden.blogspot.com/) A very dear friend from polyvore. Great garden pictures and sets in her blog.
3. Bakerella (http://bakerella.blogspot.com/) I absolutly adore her blog with all the yummy things there.
4. Melody (http://quiltymama.blogspot.com/) She is a very creative lady, who has wonderful ideas to follow.
5. Suzanne (http://suzanne4.blogspot.com/) Also one of my friends from polyvore, she makes beautiful sets there.
6. Becky (http://memorykeepersforever.blogspot.com/) She's just starting at blogging, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of her here.
7. And last but not least, one of my first friends on Polyvore, Cris (http://fashionaccessoriesandart.blogspot.com/) from Brazil. I'd love to visit her some day.
Hope you all check out these amazing blogs and also GypsyFox's.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
The "before-the-first-booth" is from a lady that makes macrame flower hangers and she also sells the orquid plants to put into the hangers:)
Saturday, July 11, 2009
This is the coffee "corner" of our show. The background painting was made 4 years ago at the 75 year aniversary of our colony. We were allowed to use it as a backdrop for our food court. The food in the "cantina" is delicious. We have a lot of typical mennonite pastries and cakes and free coffee.
This hand carved indian is watching over the crowd. Brianna likes him!
This is me, walking around the show, like I know what I'm doing:)
This is a coffee table made out of motor parts, palosanto wood and a glass table top. Beautiful piece of craftsmanship.
I'll be taking more pictures this afternoon, check in again soon!
P.S. A note to my sisters and cousin/s reading this: please leave a comment, so I know someone is reading this:)
Thursday, July 9, 2009
That's all for now, I'll be posting some more tomorrow morning!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Monday is over, we got a lot of stuff set up, but there is so much more work to do! The pictures aren't very good, but i had forgotten my camera in the car, and didn't have time to get it. So i just took pics with my phone. Whoever hasn't read any of my posts lately, we are setting up booths in the gym in our town for a craft show. We do this every second year, and usually have a lot of fun doing it. They are about 18 - 20 booths in all, featuring: oil paintings, crochet, knitting, cross stitch, quilting, patchwork, decoupage, woodworking, leather-work, jewelery, coin and stamp collecting, plants, ribbon embroidery, etc. We open for the public on Thursday, and i'll try to post pictures of each booth, if the crafters don't mind...
As you can see, we lack strawroofbuilding qualities. We have to fix that tomorrow, it looks as if we were drunk while doing it...
Ok, i'll be going to bed early today, have to get back to town at 7 am. I'm glad you stopped by to see what i'm up to.
Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it. ~Lord Acton
Thursday, July 2, 2009
(Polyvore Set made by Wendy)