Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


For my Mom:


They say

I have a great smile...

They tell me

I'm intelligent and articulate

witty and clever...

They appreciate

my musical and artistic abilities...

I can be thoughtful.

I like to give meaningful gifts.

I enjoy cooking.

I have an eye for design and pattern.

I am a late bloomer, but I believe

I've become

quite...lovely...

I would follow Jesus

at the cost of my life...

Sometimes I think I'm...

pretty great.

Yet...I can't take all of the credit,

because

i can clearly trace backwards to each point of conception:

the opportunities offered, examples set forth,

foundations established, nurturing given,

sacrifices made, hopes infused, prayers spoken...

by you.

And if they could spend

just a few moments

with you

they'd know

why I am

who I am.

You're beautiful

and I love you.

Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!