Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday fragments, the first time!

I'm joining Mrs. 4444 for the first time today, to post something known as Friday Fragments. Let’s see if I'm doing this right.




*******************

Last weekend the volleyball tournament from our area started in the village next to ours. I spent all Saturday night in a little wooden “Cantina” selling enpanadas, doughnuts, popcorn, etc to little kids, sweaty men and lovely ladies:)


*******************




On Monday I was at the doctor’s office with Brianna, to fill her prescription. In January we get to start to wean her off the meds, I hope for a more normal life then!


*******************




Tuesday morning, my friend Carola and I went to a ladies meeting at a church in town. We had a “book presentation” of our new recipe book there and sold some copies too!


*******************




Wednesday started with ladies breakfast at the church in our village! Scrumptious, yet healthy food; and a great talk from a lady about marriage.


*******************




Thursday, nothing much.


*******************




Friday, today I started to price and sort the used clothing that I want to get rid of at a garage/yard sale next Friday. I really need a break from that. I also baked some homemade Pop-Tarts, because you can’t buy them here, and memories told me that they tasted really good growing up. (They weren’t lying, they are good!) Recipe here!


*******************




I’m also baking some chocolate cake for a country fair kind of thing at the campgrounds close to our village. (Flor del Chaco) I was thinking of a 4-layer dark chocolate cake filled and topped with ganache and chocolate shavings. What do you think of that?


*******************




That's all for today! Have a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. I thought I was busy, but you are really busy. And you bake. Loved reading about your week. Stopped by from VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm starving!! Welcome to Friday Fragments and I hope when you get the chance you will hop over to say hello!
    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like a busy woman!

    Congrats on the cookbook. As the creator of two, I can relate. It's a great feeling of accomplishment when you make it, but even moreso when you sell them! :)

    Wow! Those poptarts look delicious! Bravo on making those.

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!