Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas pictures

I'm finding it very hard to keep up with blogging, now that the kids are home on vacation.
Hope you don't forget me.:)

I'll post some pictures I took over Christmas here, ok?

1. Me and my girls, posing for the camera, right before we went to the Christmas Eve program. (Note the artificial color of my hair. Coloring your hair on Christmas Eve with a new color you haven't tried before is a mistake! (CINNAMON IS NOT MY COLOR) There, now I said it, maybe I can forgive myself too, soon.


2. My 2 friends from my village and I decorated the tree in the church that afternoon. It looked better in real life :P


3. Our girls and my sister's kids each got to pick a ribbon sticking out from underneath the table cloth. Attached to the ribbon was a gift. So that way no one could pick the biggest present:) (These were gifts that my sister and I had bought for the kids.)


4. My brother-in-law and my husband each got a thermos (water jug to keep water cold, a must-have in our region)


5. Brianna liked the blouse and shorts she got from Grandma.

 6. We set the table in the kitchen/dining room, where the air conditioning had been on for a few hours.

7. Mom made the most delicious stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes and a lot of other goodies!


8. This was the family gathering at my in-laws house. My husband has 1 brother and 2 sisters, and each one of them have 3 kids.


9. The kids started playing as soon as they opened their gifts.

10. We saw this on our way home. My sister-in-law and her husband fastened the lights on to their fence. I hope you all had a "Frohe Weihnachten!" (Happy Christmas!)






6 comments:

  1. Hey, great post! Wonderful pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Weihnachten you had! Just can't imagine what it is like to celebrate Christmas in the summer sun! Oh, and family comes before blogging any day! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the hair coloring. I ended up with the wrong color just before my wedding! Yikes! We haven't forgotten you. I like people who put family first. I'm glad you had a good family time for Christmas. I look at the short sleeves in the pictures and then remind myself that it's 20'F here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! So glad you are having a good time with the girls home! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't forgotten you! :)
    great photos.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use ribbons for the gifts, to prevent that "bigger must be better" notion!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!