Sunday, January 16, 2011

Our trip to Carmelo Peralta, part 1


Friday morning we headed out of Filadelfia with 2 pick-ups and our SUV. We traded kids for a while, so that they wouldn't becaome bored (and start fighting with their sisters:) This is Anna (Brianna's friend), Princess Polar (Brianna's newest teddy bear and Brianna in the back seat of our Toyota Runner. We tanked the vehicles and started out with mixed feeling about the 270 km of dirt roads in front of us. It had rained 140 mm at out house two days before, and the roads could be tricky.

 We had to use the 4-wheel drive to get through this part of the road. I was glad when it was over.


As you can see, the bridges don't look very sturdy, and some were broken, so that we had to drive on the lower part of the road.


The water was still rushing underneath the bridges 2 days after the rain. And because the water covers a lot of gras and other plants, it soon starts to smell very foul. Yuck!


This was out first view of the Paraguayan river. Brazil is on the other shore.

I'll post more tomorrow. I really have to get to the dirty laundry and to my couch:)

Speaking about my couch: I'll be doing W8D3 of the Couch-to-5k program tomorrow. That means if all goes well, I'll be graduating from the programm in one week. I used a little more than 9 weeks to complete it, but I'm totally amazed by the results. On W1D1 I could hardly jog for one minute without my body screaming to to stop. On my last run, I ran for 28 minutes non-stop. As I already wrote on my facebook wall: I wish my P.E. teacher could see me run now.:)

1 comment:

  1. You're home! I hope you had a wonderful time! We need to get together soon!
    Brianna looks so cute with her hair that length!
    And wow! Great job on the running. Proud of you!
    Hugs and have a great week!
    Shilo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!