Friday, November 20, 2009

Birthday menu

This is for everyone who did not make it to my birthday party this morning. Just so you know what you were missing. (Note: the pictures are all taken from the internet, as I forgot to take pictures of the food I prepared)


Empanadas, with ground beef and boiled eggs.










Ranch Dip with cucumbers, carrot sticks and chips.




Bacon Cheeseburger Buns, recipe and photo from Taste of Home.








These Raspberry Bars are delicious, also Taste of Home.








Easy Tiramisu Cake, from Betty Crocker. Instead of a packaged cake mix, I use their recipe for Silver White cake. But I left out the brandy in the recipe, because I don't have any:), and because this is Brianna's favorite cake.







PB & J (Peanut Butter and Jelly) Cupcakes, from Betty Crocker. Again, instead of using a cake mix, I used their recipe for Bonnie Butter cake. These were extremly good with strawberry jam in the cupcakes and peanut sprinkles on top of the frosting.






Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting, Taste of Home. I used a mixture of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cloves instead of pumpkin pie spice. I also used some of the spice in the frosting. Keep these chilled, they are so good.





I encourage you to look up these recipes in the websites of Taste of Home and Betty Crocker.
Hope you liked my menu!
Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes, on phone, on facebook, in thought and in comments on my blog!













9 comments:

  1. Hey, Sis! Hope your having a blast of a b-day, and that you will feel the love we have for you! Happy, happy birthday, and wishing you many yet to come! Great big bear hug from up here!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making my mouth water! Happy vgno!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, you worked very very hard! I am sure everyone felt blessed that vormittag to know you...but I still think birthdays should be all about us making YOU feel special! Love you! Hope I am the last one to wish you happy birthday.....c (your crazy friend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, wow. And now I need to go have ANOTHER snack! ;-) Yummy looking! Hope you had a good birthday!

    Oh, and happy VGNO!

    Tamara
    www.theunexperiencedmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow happy birthday and made that looks yummy.

    And happy VGNO!

    Lisa
    www.retrohousewifegoesgreen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should do this instead of using the iphone to photograph my food. My pics always look a little less than yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you serious?!? I am so hungry now!!!

    Happy Birthday :->

    You really know how to celebrate.

    I hope it was a fantastic celebration of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...looks yummy!

    Happy Belated Birthday & VGNO!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!