Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm invited to a barn party

You read that right! I'm invited to a barn party over at Patrice's barn this week. I love this idea, she's celebrating her 4 month-blogversary. I met Patrice for the first time over at Java's: Meet me on Monday. And have been reading every single one of her posts since then. Because we both live on farms and both have daughters, I feel connected to her:)


So, let the party begin.




I can't get the blog button to link to her blogpost, so click on here to visit her.


The rules say to follow her. You know I do, Patrice!


Then we should answer 5 questions and post them on our blog. Here goes:


1. Who would you bring with you?



I would bring my 3 sisters, D from Winnipeg, Manitoba, C from town (we both live in Paraguay), and A from Langley, B.C. (just in case you’re wondering: yes, our names start with A,B,C,D just in reverse order, and yes, that was our parents idea:)


2. What will you wear to the party?


It sounds chilly, so I’d wear jeans and boots, a long-sleeved T with a cardigan I knit myself.


3. What would you most like to see on my farm?


The orchards I’ve been drooling over and of course your kitchen. I hear a lot of good things come out of your kitchen!


4. What dish would you bring since it's pot luck.


Crispy fried chicken and my favorite rice and bean salad.




You can find the recipe here.



5. What game or activity would you like to do during our get together?


I’d like to hear from each lady (or man?) attending, where they are from, what they do, and stuff like that.


I also like to play silly party games, with a camera close by, to catch the silliness.


Oh, and I would like to grease one of your pigs and let volunteers try to catch it. Always a fun party game, when you’re just watching someone else make a fool of herself:)



Come and join the fun.

Patrice will be having a few giveaways in the coming week to celebrate her 4 months of blogging.

Everyone have a great weekend, ok?









4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined the fun! I think you will be dressed right and I look forward to meeting your sisters. Our pigs get bored, or maybe just toy with the thought "the grass is greener" and sometimes get out. No need for grease! They are rather a challenge to catch! A bucket of kitchen scraps has been very helpful.
    The rice and beans sounds great and I have always loved fried chicken!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- I just remembered to add your button to my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, grease the pig - that would be pretty awesome! As long as it's someone else doing the catching. ;)
    Popping by from the barn party - I'm Patrice's daughter (or one of them...). :)
    ~Amanda
    www.farmgirlwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think my family thinks I have gone crazy with my addiction to my chickens. We really didn't want a rooster but Bogart just stole my heart. He really is too funny. I think if I showed him his reflection in the mirror he might need therapy. He really thinks he is a big red hen! Glad to have you as a visitor. Stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!