Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet me on Monday is back

Happy Monday everybody, and as I said on FB last week:

Welcome to Monday.
Please secure your seat belt,
keep your arms and legs in at all times,
and enjoy the ride.


Java's is back with her Monday meme and new questions. You can find her here. I like to participate in this and similiar memes because I get to know a lot of new bloggers this way and people can find out important stuff more about me!

Her questions of the day:

1. Do you sleep with a night light on?



No, but just outside my door, in the hallway a nightlight is on to help the kiddies find their way to the bathroom at night.
 
 

2. What do you drink with dinner?



When in season, then we allways drink grapefruit juice with our lunch (which is the main meal of the day here), otherwise just water. (By the way, the picture below is one of our own grapefruits picked fresh everyday from our orchard. Picniked by me.)



3. Do you play the lottery? If so, how often?



Never

4. How often do you go to the grocery store?



I go into town once or twice a week, and do my grocery shopping then. We live in a village about 15 km away from the nearest store.
 


5. Would you rather travel back in time 500 years or travel forward 500 years?



Just thinking about the plumbing and health issues from 500 years ago, I'd rather go into future and be surprised what it looks like!
 

 
I hope you all have a good week. I'd like to catch up on cleaning and sewing.
 
And tomorrow I'm hosting our bible study at my house.
 
What would you serve a bunch of lovely ladies? I'm open to suggestions:)

P.S. I'm thinking of hosting a giveaway to celebrate 100 wonderful people following my blog. (It's at 97 right now) So, check in again this week to see if I get the 100th friend this week. (I agree with my friend, that the word follower is not quite right, I like to call you all friends!)

10 comments:

  1. that's a great idea to celebrate 100 followers - I just passed 100 a week ago - I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday, friend! I'm sure you'll get your 100th follower soon. I can't imagine anyone not liking your blog!
    Grapefruit- I love grapefruit. I know it's a bit decadent, but I like to sprinkle dark brown sugar on the top and run it under the broiler until it melts. It must be that sweet/sour thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Brenda- I have a bloggy question. Can I e-mail you?

    Patrice
    patrice@everydayruralty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I would be HAPPY to give you many suggestions (he he)but the truth is, I have never eaten ANYTHING that you have made that wasn't delicious so I want to be surprised! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not far from 100. I have 81, and I want to have a giveaway too, but I think I will hold off until I get 100.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY jealous of your homegrown grapefruits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great thing that we have imported grapefruit up here too. Love the pink ones the best. Congrats on all your blogfriends! Oh, and I'd like to stay in the present please with all my family and friends. 500 years either way is scary, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grapefruit looks amazing! I would be all over that every morning! Yum! Congrats on getting close to 100 followers. I bet you'll be there very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE grapefruit juice... Funny, because I don't even LIKE any other kind of juice...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Brenda-
    I hopped on here this morning to see if you had your 100th yet. It'll happen. I was stuck on 12 forever. I actually considered quitting because I thought no one read me. I hope you got my e-mail and didn't mind a blogging question.
    I'm being bad right now by being on the computer when I have so much greenhouse work to do! Yesterday it was 75 degrees. Today's high will be 46. I don't get it!One big wind and brrrrr!
    Have a great Friday!
    Patrice

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!