...from the Couch to 5 k program, that is. Today I did my last run in this program, which was week 9 day 3.
You can find the program here.
Amy is starting out with week one, so we could begin together today. Brianna came along on her bike with my camera to document this big milestone for me:)
Here we are still walking the 5 minute warm-up together.
Here is where I start running my 30 minute run.
This is on my way back. Totally sweaty and full of mosquito bites.
Here I come around the corner of our barn. Almost there...
And: I MADE IT!
After over three months of training,
I can do what I never could do before in my life!
At age 39 I can run a full 30 minute 5 k!!!
I'd like to thank some people here:
- My blog friend, Ellie, for mentioning this program in a post
- My sister, C, for encouraging me to keep on
- My husband and daughters for cheering me on
- The website I mentioned above
- My sister, J, for buying my MP4 player for me in Canada
- And all the countless people passing me on the streets early in the morning or in the evening, that didn't think I'm crazy!:)
- The Couch-to-5K Running Plan on facebook, for all of the Kevin Pauleys there that encouraged me the reach the goal I set myself!
8 k I'm coming!